I have not weighed myself on my Wyze Smartscale since a few days before Christmas. When I did this morning, I was a bit shocked. Now, I did continue to work out hard in the gym 4 to 6 days a week like I normally do. However, I also had a few “cheat days” and snacking late in the evening certainly didn’t help matters. I fell to the weakness of Pecan Pie, too much red meat, chicken wings,…. The results is that I gained 19 pounds! That was the difference between December fist to January 5th. This goes to show that a person cannot out work a good eating habit.
Of course I am disappointed, but it is my own fault. So what shall I do? Give up on my #GetFitStayFit or my new #BetterMeIn2023? Of course not. I will do a 24 to 36 hr water only Fast as a reset and then stick to my #BetterMeIn2023 to the letter as the best I can. This all should get me back on track. However, instead of my goal of losing 26 lbs to get to my “ideal weight? I now need to lose 45 lbs. I wonder since I gained 19 lbs in 3 weeks, if I can then lose 19 lbs in 3 weeks?
Believe it or not, my biggest struggle with this revised #GetFitStayFit routine I am now calling #BetterMeIn2023 is being able to get an entire gallon of water in each day, getting to bed by 10pm (to get 8 hrs of sleep) and stepping away from the chicken wings. In addition, although I eat “healthy”, “low fat” snacks like blue corn chips, pretzel crisps, Triscuit wheat crackers with hummus, I tend to eat too many too late in the evening.
This new, improved and revised New Year Resolution of #BetterMeIn2023 is not just to related to weight and fitness. It is a goal to become more healthy, physically, mentally, spiritually, and financially.
Below is my new exercise/fitness routine:
This is what I am striving to get and/or maintain to become more Spiritually Healthy:
- Invest time listening to inspirational music at least every morning
- A daily time in reading the bible and in prayer
- Church every Sunday, and when out of town or on vacation, stream church service
- Mid-Week Bible Study
- Connect more and more often with friends from church
- Choose a charity to serve at least once a month
- Be conscious and cautious of my investment of time in activities, behaviors, and with others so that it is more morally sound, and Christian oriented. To remember garbage in, garbage out this includes what I see and hear
This is what I am striving to get and/or maintain to become more Mentally Healthy:
- Deep breathing meditation each morning
- Self Improvement reading and studies
- Work to complete an additional counseling certification
- Go to sleep at the same time and arise at the same time. The goal is in bed by 10pm and up by 6:30am
- Engage with more positive and uplifting entertainment, people and activities
- Always realize that one cannot control what people may think, say or do; however one can control what they think, say, do and how they influence others
- Be conscious and cautious of my investment of time in activities, behaviors, and with others that is more productive and mentally healthy
This is what I am striving to get to and/or maintain to become more Financially Healthy
- Watching unnecessary spending, and stick better to my budget I created long ago
- Increase contributions to my 401k
- Consult with Financial Advisor and Investor for additional investment and savings vehicles
- Get out of all debt and stay out of debt. Design a plan, work and apply that plan
Remember if your physical, mental, spiritual, and financial well being is important to you, you will make time to improve it! We all can find or make time for what is truly important to us. Maybe stay off those devices more, stop binge watching useless television programs, stop wasting so much time on social media, and stop comparing yourself with others. Comparison is the thief of joy.
The bible statement is true, “For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.” — Matthew 6:21
There are no circumstances uncommon to human kind, and no temptation too great that God has not made a way out. With the children of God, there are also no coincidences, just appointments, assignments, and something to learn.
“There is no passion found in settling for a life less than the one you are capable of living.” — Nelson Mandela
I will be a better me in 2023